Welcome to the DLNET.ORG Cloud documentation wiki.
For an example of how your cloud portal could look like, see cloud.ackermans.ch.
If you have just received your account details, the following pages may be of interest to you.
- Setting up your email client.
- Enabling Spam filtering.
- Synchronisation of your calendar and contacts.
- Owncloud for file hosting, file sharing and synchronization as well as online word processing.
- Getting started with Plex media server.
- Using Deluge BitTorrent to download media for use with Plex.
- Setting up Email forwarding.
- User administration with Kolab-webadmin.
For a handy overview of all services, go to https://cloud.yourdomain.com (for an example, see ).
The DLNET.ORG Cloud makes use of open source software. See List of software for an overview. Each of the software packages used has its own documentation online. In particular, the following resources will be of use:
- Kolab Groupware Documentation, with information on how to set up and use email, calendar and other Kolab features.
- ownCloud documentation, for synchronising and sharing files.
- Plex.tv Support Articles.
What to do in case of downtime
If you cannot reach your email or other services, the server may be down. There is no need to worry: any email sent to you will be received by the backup server, and the issue will usually be quickly resolved. Prolonged downtime is very rare, but if it happens, feel free to contact User:Lennart. If the server is down you can reach me at my backup email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Server information for technical details about our setup.
Editing the Wiki
Users of the DLNET.ORG Cloud are invited to participate in this wiki. You are welcome to update incorrect information, make the documentation easier to follow and add tutorials. Anonymous users will be asked to answer an anti-spam question before each edit. The questions will go away if you create an account and verify your email address.
It is possible to use your cloud for additional services like hosting a web site. You can get SSH access to your linux container. Contact me for more information.