Kolab offers synchronisation of calendars, contacts, notes and tasks. The supported protocols are CALDAV, CARDDAV and Microsoft ActiveSync. On most devices, you can choose whether you want to synchronize your calendar using CALDAV or ActiveSync.
Calendar and contacts synchronization
- On iOS, you can use CalDAV and CardDAV. See  for instructions. As server address, you can just use cloud.yourdomain.com. As an alternatice, you can use Exchange (ActiveSync), see .
- On Android, it is easiest to use Exchange (ActiveSync). See . You usually only need to enter your email address.
- In Outlook, use ActiveSync. See  for detailed information. Your ActiveSync address is cloud.yourdomain.com.
- In Thunderbird, use CalDAV. See  for instructions. You need to get the CalDAV address from webmail.
- In Max OS X, use CalDAV and CardDav. See  for instructions.As server address, you can just use cloud.yourdomain.com.
CalDAV is a calendar synchronization protocol. Most clients can automatically configure it if you enter your domain cloud.yourdomain.com. For manual configuration, your need to retrieve the CalDAV URL from webmail (cloud.yourdomain.com/roundcubemail). Go to the Calendar tab, and select the calendar you want to synchronize. Then press the options button (three vertical dots) and click "Show calendar URL". It will show two links, one for read-only access and one for synchronization. When you have the link, go to your device and add a new online calendar.
CardDAV is a contacts synchronization protocol. Some clients can automatically configure it. For manual configuration, your need to retrieve the CardDAV URL from webmail (cloud.yourdomain.com/roundcubemail). Go to the Contacts tab, and select the address book you want to synchronize. Then press the options button (three vertical dots) and click "Show CardDAV URL". When you have the link, go to your device and add the address book.
ActiveSync is a Microsoft protocol for synchronizing email, calendars, contacts and notes, that is supported by many applications and devices. It can sometimes be configured automatically on the basis of your email address. If not, you need to enter cloud.yourdomain.com as server address.